Low FODMAP Finds for the Fall: Pumpkin and More at Trader Joe’s
Are you a Fall lover? I have to say, it’s my favorite season. Those crisp, sunny mornings, the leaves changing color, and…of course the flavors of the Fall: everything pumpkin and pumpkin spice (spoiler: it’s low FODMAP)! I love going to the farmers’ market and picking apples, persimmons, and all the winter squashes. And finding new products with the flavors of the Fall.
However, if you are reducing FODMAPs at this time, it can be tricky to choose products that won’t give you an aching or bloated tummy. I made a special trip to Trader Joe’s and have highlighted my favorite low FODMAP items for the Fall. Naturally, produce can also be found at your local farmers market or any other grocery store.
Pumpkin and More: Low FODMAP Finds for the Fall at Trader Joe’s
- Arugula – great as a sandwich add-in or a pizza topping
- Kale – now that it’s colder and you may be craving soup, add a handful at the end of cooking. It brightens up the soup and gives you a nutrition boost
- Shredded cabbage – make your own slaw, add a handful on top of chili
- Cut-up butternut squash and winter squashes and pumpkins – I love these cubed or sliced and roasted with some thyme
- Parsnips & sweet potatoes – love to roast these by themselves or with other root vegetables (carrots, potatoes, rutabaga)
- Grapes – great for snacking and adding to salads
- Passion fruit – this is so sweet, it’s great to throw in a smoothie
- Pomegranate seeds – add these to salads or top a lactose-free yogurt or oatmeal
3. For Baking & Baked Products
- Canned Pumpkin – try it in my Low FODMAP Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix – to make your pumpkin or muffins in a snap
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread – ready to enjoy
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Bagels
- Pumpkin Oat Beverage – great for a bloat-free pumpkin spice latte
- Pumpkin Spice Coffee – great to just enjoy
5. For Fun
- Pumpkin Tortilla Chips – for all your “chips” needs, these are both sweet and salty
- Sweet & Savory Pumpkin Spread – as an accompaniment for hard cheeses or to brighten up your appetizer board
- Maple Butter – a thicker, spreadable maple syrup for toast or bagels
Note – be sure to keep your intake to the low FODMAP serving sizes per meal or snack.